Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Listmania: Favorite Bands

I like making lists. I make lists for all kinds of things: groceries, books that I would like to read, stuff I need to do around the house, stuff I need to do at work. I could go on, but I'll digress for the sake of sanity. I make lists to keep myself organized, but sometimes when I'm bored, I make lists of things that I like such as my favorite bands, movies, TV shows, etc. It keeps me entertained while I'm mowing the lawn or driving home from work.

Well, with all of these lists just floating around in my head, I think it is time to document them. I'm starting with an easy one: favorite bands.

  1. The Beatles - The entire first floor of my house is Beatles themed. I don't quite own all of there studio albums, but I'm pretty close. I'm not sure I could ever pick a favorite album or song, but I do really love Hey Bulldog and Dear Prudence.
  2. Led Zeppelin - These guys just plain rock. I have all of their studio albums, The Song Remains the Same dvd, and that other dvd they released in like 2003 that doesn't have a name (the one that is really awesome).
  3. Rush - These guys are truly amazing musicians. I really love their stuff from the 70s and their first couple albums from the 80s. Not a huge fan of the rest of their stuff until the last few albums, which are decent, but definitely not my favorites. I'll be seeing them for the 3rd time in September!
  4. The Who - Tommy and Who's Next are two of the finest rock albums ever in my opinion. I so wish I could have seen them live in their glory days.
  5. The Rolling Stones - I don't think any of their work is among my favorites, but the sheer magnitude of good, solid music makes them a band I never get tired of hearing.
Notable contenders (in no particular order): Yes, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, the Allman Brothers, Cream, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment