Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Books! Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy

I've had Mistborn on my "to read" list for some time now (along with about 50 other novels), but my resolve to read the trilogy has increased significantly lately.

First, while wandering around the Gaslamp district during Comic-Con, my brother and I went into Borders to borrow some Wi-fi and I noticed that Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, and Brent Weeks were going to be there doing readings, signings, and the like while I was in town. I was really excited until I realized that I had never read anything by any of those authors.

Second, the SciFi and Fantasy Book Club on Goodreads chose Mistborn as their August Fantasy novel.

Third, I discovered that Amazon.com had the trilogy listed at $16.30 (which is a really good deal for three new paperbacks) and I jumped on them. They came today and I can't wait to tear into them.

But there is one problem: I promised myself that I wouldn't start a new series until I finished at least one other series that I'm currently partway through. So I guess Mistborn will have to sit and wait patiently on my bookshelf for me to finish reading Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy (at the very least).

I really want to read some of the newer Fantasy work that's coming out, but I feel the need to work through some of the classic works first. Right now, I'm somewhere in the mid-90s. I just hope I catch up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment