Sunday, August 8, 2010

New-To-Me TV

This summer, I have been trying to find some TV show to fill the void left by LOST, Heroes, Dollhouse, and 24 (which all ended or were cancelled this spring). I think the only shows that I watch that are returning this fall are Chuck and The Office. I also watch Caprica, but that won't return until the winter. Netflix has been my biggest ally in my quest. Here's what I've tried out so far:

Veronica Mars - I've watched the first four episodes and I'm still on the fence. I like the mystery aspect, but I'm not into the whole teenage angst stuff so much. I may continue to feel it out for a few more episodes before I decide whether to stick with the full season or not.

Farscape - I have heard so many good things about this show, but it wasn't exactly what I expected. The whole puppet element threw me off to say the least. I'm only three episodes in, but I'm still on the fence with this one too.

Eureka - I caught the Warehouse 13 / Eureka panel at Comic-Con and it inspired me to check out the show. I have watched two episodes from the fourth season and it's just good fun. I think this is a show I could enjoy and I think I'll continue watching. I also want to catch up on Warehouse 13. I watched part of season one and liked it, but dropped the ball and stopped watching.

Supernatural - I've watched the first two episodes and I think I'm getting into it. I'm not a big horror guy, but I like the characters and I dig the classic rock. I'll think I'll be sticking with this one.

Arrested Development - This may be the funniest show since Seinfeld. I think its even funnier than The Office. I'm about halfway through season two and I'm sure I'll finish the series before the summer is out. This is the best new-to-me show I've discovered this summer. I just love it.

I'm also thinking of checking out Dexter and The X-Files, but I haven't had time yet. They may have to wait until I whittle down this list a little. They have been more than enough to keep me busy.

Well, I'm out. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment